Green Tree Monitor Care (Varanus Prasinus) - The Diamond Lizards



Greentree monitors or Varanus prasinus okay this is a setup for a pair a breeding pair they haven't read yet but they will a mountain email this is a for long by six high by two-and-a-half deep and this is probably one of the bare requirements that they have to have bigger is always better. 

oh and check out the reptile West first channel I got most of my care tips from she's awesome with her monitors I love that lady so go check her out she's really good it's the reptile Whisperer and so they have a four by six by two and a half they come from the island of New Guinea so it's the tropics I have some driftwood that we found out in a crook but out in the pasture then there's you can see with the glare the female is right there that's the female she's got about six or so inches to go first, she's ready to breed I got this pair from Ben Siegel not too long ago so here it is it's I got all the vines and everything from just a local art store a lot cheaper that way than going and buying the reptile ones the bought the  bedding I have about three to four inches only open this three to four inches of Coco fiber and coconut husk mixed up together they have a large water ball in the corner they don't really use it though but a lot of fakes vines they're not knocked them I mean just do not think mine's fake plants and knocked them all over a little log the female go down there every now and then and stay under there they have a big nest box it is two and a half long by a foot deep and a foot high they sleep in here when she's big enough will lay her eggs in here and here is to get rid of that glare - 100 watt tight beams you made bulbs so they have a gradient this is the hottest cuz it's higher and then back here it lowers down and then a two-foot-long 5.0 Exo Terra I believe you ve bulb it's 5.0 no need for a 10 or a 2 would be way too low okay the male is in here I blocked it I did it in my last video - so I see you can actually see here cuz they're pretty fighting there they're not mean by any means but they will run the male is in here he's asleep but here that is there are 4 so inches of Forrest moss and the humidity in the next box should be from seventy to a hundred never below 70 whenever they're shedding they'll go in there I got these guys to have some sticky sheds in their tail they go in their sleep every night it's all gone not a problem so then it needs to be moistened I would say up to three times a day.



 I do moist in there spray their cage with that it's just like a pesticide sprayer that I just got at Walmart it's like 10 bucks hold a lot of water it's good for that I got the walls aligned with Coco fiber I saw her up to your hacks do that and I really like the idea so it's lined with that it works really good she's on it right now as you can see um and let's see what else what else what else care ok feeding these guys will eat I just got them in so I don't know they're well I say that in just about four or five days ago I just got a man so they're real eating habits or not I'm not for sure on those but as of right now each of them are eating 15 crickets a day what that's for what I'd suspect expect. I mean I wouldn't try to god think that would stay the same because more then 15 is quite a bit for these little guys that will eat any nearly any kind of worm you offer them I've offered a mil worms the only thing I have had available and they love them the crickets are definitely their favorite this basking spot right here what does it read this is definitely the hottest that is reading 120 right here and that's the hottest and it goes down what about right here is about 110 right here being about 115 so they have a good gradient and then right here this is about a hundred so it's a good they can throw a regular it really good get as hot as cold as I want not a problem their humidity and the top of the cage holds the whole cage I keep the bottom half that stays right around that stays roughly 6,200 down there at all times and up top it's a little lower than that because it's a lot harder to maintain that with these heat lights. 

 I got he has a video on how to make a homemade humidifier I did it exactly how he said it and I love this idea it works great it gets to the bottom of the cage the bottom half good and then the top half I have to spray the mist will not travel up from the top but that's fine I could have put the nozzle I have it just spring foamed in there to where it went where it won't move around I couldn't put it up higher but I just liked the look of it down lower and let's see the water you can I offer mine a large water a dish that is I think a Zilla makes that from right they don't ever use it .they just drink whenever I spray them down good.

 see questions what else what else mm-hmm has just passed parasites yes I have not gotten these guys tested yet that is something I'm planning on doing here directly been said I got a firm in Segal he said that he had not treated them yet tested them yet they don't test test them unless I suspect that they have them like they're really skinnies and their pin bones are showing and they these guys don't seem to be like that so I'm hoping they don't have them but it's not a guarantee let's see okay what else what else the UVB is definitely a must with these guys they come from the tropics they have to have the light for vitamin D synthesis they have to absorb that without it you can get the vitamin D and the calcium I am using let me see if I can find it okay I used a this is their multivitamin it's type devise I really like this product. 



and I use the same line I don't go find it but reptile it's calcium I have tried the flu cures costume flutters flickers whatever I do not like this it was cheap so I got it I don't like it it doesn't whenever like I shake the crickets up it doesn't stick to them at all so that's pretty much pointless I don't like it at all so I would definitely stick to rep cow they're really good I like all their products their vitamins and stuff okay dokay what else what else what else what else okay um nest box yeah they got that breeding I don't have any experience with that yet for breeding, I would definitely go to the reptile whispers Channel.

she's really good with that she's had she has some eggs an incubator right now I believe she has Moranis McRae Iver and scored Ensis branes believe she has some yellow tree sprinters and jari and then she has obviously, breast process these guys really cool love her Channel love rep tea racks who else Rhett phibian kid that got this gave me an idea for the committee fire really like that the vines is a must I need these to feel comfortable give a naturalistic look to their cage aesthetically for them and he do you I like him a lot the male sleeping I promise I will get a video of him up the  last one didn't have him either I'm sorry he is bigger than her she's oh I don't know how to give you a judgment she's pretty frisky but I have a pretty big hand and there it is with her so she's a good size but she definitely has to get better before she'll be able to breed he's definitely ready size-wise but yeah I got these guys from men's Segal I really like the reptiles like the way they do business really good people definitely recommend using them with any questions just care that in cover send me a message and I'll definitely get back to you as soon as I can Thanks,
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url