Black Roughneck Monitor Care - Varanus rudicolis Reptilenesia



hey this is Reptilenesia with reptile rapture tonight I'm feeding in my back breeding the room I thought I'd break out the camera and show a little feeding going on this is my female black roughneck monitor feeding on a small little baby chick looks like a lot of food there but it's really not it's just really fluffy it's like a little stuff animal, she can take it down up here is her boyfriend interested in what's going on he's got a bigger chick down there but no he sees her moving around with his or with hers he's more interested in that one but anyways these are black roughneck monitors there are awesome monitors I love these monitors they're not super huge monitors and they're not really small monitors, they usually average about 4 feet in length sometimes reaching up to 5 feet usually the average around 4 feet maybe 3 and a half up there are some mailings starting to shake kids around a little bit but anyways these guys are super cool monitors. 


I've always had an interest in I've had them in my store many many times for sale little babies and I just like how unique they look I mean if you look at this male look at them that those spikes down his neck and that Raptor facie is going on just almost solid black these guys are super cool looking they have these claws they're just huge for climbing and digging these guys are they come from Thailand Malaysia and Burma on the islands around there all around you know Southeast Asia down there so they live in really humid climates these guys are both arboreal and terrestrial so they don't just live in treetops so you like to forage around the ground digging for bugs rodents or whatever they can find these guys are known for freeing a variety of things so we just don't feed them chicks here I mean we give them dubia roaches we give all super worms we get along some crickets once in a while not too much it's basically roaches worms chicken gizzards chicks and ducks or ducklings I should say we stay away from doing anything like dog food or cat food or even ground meat I mean I don't really believe in feeding any reptile dog food or cat food and that stuff's not even good for the dogs and cats be honest with ya unless you're doing like the frozen stuff you know that frozen dog food that you can get it the like dog specialty stores and stuff like that you know that stuff would be pretty good.


but Evan then I don't care to do any of it that's my thing I just rather stick with you know the real deal you know a little bit of rodents ducks chicks chicken gizzards stuff like that some super worms usually throw super worms and roaches I mean I rarely do crickets except for when they were young the female she used to love going after crickets and stuff the male here I actually purchased him from somebody.

online who raised him up then he had one too many males and he wanted to sell one so I purchased it from him for my girl here and so anyways you know you want to do a variety of things and since they come from a really humid climate you wanna mist really well or usually we have foggers going and stuff but it's late at night here so we don't have anything going right now but these guys need it really humid so the bed looks a little dry but you really want to miss them well have a good misting system.

going and give them lots of space they're shy at first but after one. they'll get to know who you are and kind of bond with you and they'll actually come to you and if you saw one of my videos earlier me transferring my female from the enclosure in the front of the store to this new enclosure here she was super great she climbed right up on me and I brought her over so these guys can tame down quite well even this an enclosure that they're in now isn't going to be a lifetime enclosure this is still kind of small for them but I thought I'd share this is our black roughneck monitors so thanks for Reading Navy night
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url